As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Monday, December 2, 2013

a verbal transformation

Abigail is 17 months old and has finally begun to desire to communicate with words a tiny bit now.   Words in her vocabulary: no, nigh-nigh, bye, hi, dada, no (nose), mil (milk), mo (more), babbie (blanket/blabbie), shhh (shoes), ah du (all done), da du (thank you).  She also appears to repeat phrases a bit more and talks constantly--as if we could understand her.  "Mama" is in a different category.  I have heard her say it one time and never again, but I am well aware of the fact that she knows that word.  :)

She definitely has a temper and has tried scolding me several times.  She will wave her hand at me and say "nah, nah, nah, nah."  The first time I heard it, I tried desperately to keep from laughing.  I told her (as if she completely understands) that it was wrong to tell Mommy what to do.  She has tried a couple of times since and always hears the same response.




She understands more than I give her credit for because she does follow simple instructions: get her shoes to put on, don't touch etc...  She is (at this point in her short life) the most immediately obedient and quick to be helpful.  May she always remain that way.

She adores shoes and will bring me her shoes throughout the day to put on.  She also loves to dress herself. 








She is suddenly wearing all of Elizabeth's old clothes and many that currently even fit Elizabeth.  18-24 month clothing is definitely not too large.  



 Did I ever mention that when she sleeps (ps still sleeps in a crib), she will toss everything over the side except her adored blanket --EVERY TIME?

She has gotten her teeth rather out of order and now has 8 teeth (the front 4 as well as 4 in the back).



She loves peanut butter and jelly and chicken nuggets the most.  But given the choice she will eat carbs and fruit first.   Abigail loves milk and still begs for 3 bottles in the morning and 1-2 in the evening.  She refuses to drink her milk out of a sippy cup though--despite willingness to drink juice or water out of one.




Abigail is a tough cookie who gets knocked down and sat upon by older siblings regularly.  She takes much of it in stride...probably because she adores her brother and sister.







Smart little girl has figured out that I will rock with her before bed if she just lays still with her head on my chest.  It is a precious time. 











I love my cheery girl!



(PS this is written almost 3 weeks later--perhaps not such a large transformation at all, but maybe a glimpse at the future at least).

No comments: