As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

bottling them up

Some sweet moments I want to capture:

Abigail has begun to talk about watermelon (after all, it is the season, right?).  Only it is always called "waterbutton."

I was sitting in the study working one day and Abigail was sweetly sitting next to me doing a puzzle--ps she LOVES puzzles!  And is really good at them.  (she does them by color/design rather than shape.  D did them by shape)  Back to the story...
I hear her say "Amen! Amen! Thank you, Lord! This piece fits."  I love the fact that she thanks the Lord constantly.  For parking places, for everything!  What a sweet reminder!

David and I were reading "Little Bear" yesterday.  He has gotten so good at the reading.  When Paul says in Philippians that the people are his joy and  "being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;" I can't help thinking of my son.  I never thought we would get where we are today!  Ok...another rabbit trail.
We were reading about the end of summer and Little Bear's friend Emily leaving.  "Little Bear stood at the door till Emily was out of sight.  Two big tears ran down his face."  At this point, David said, "I'm not going to do it..."  I asked him, "What?" (figuring he was about to toot or such).  He just looked at me and growled, "Nevermind." and then "they're just characters..."  It was then it dawned on me what was happening.  My very sweet son was just about to cry like Little Bear and was trying to remind himself these were just book characters that were not worth crying over.  I love this little boy!  (and how well I know the feeling of carrying burdens from fictional accounts with me.  Yesterday was one of those days albeit I was wrapped up in 3 separate depressing non-fiction accounts.  I felt like crying by the end of the day even though I did not even know the people personally either.)

The kids are great at unsolicited information.  Anyone asks how they are or even looks their direction and Bizbeth will quickly chime in with "I'm 4!" (holding up four fingers) and then A says "I 2!"  (holding up 2 fingers...we have tried to teach her 3 in anticipation but fear it may take a year before she gets that one down)  PS you did read that correctly...no one was asking their age but simply how they were doing.

No comments: