I know this time will pass all too quickly though and I am trying to hold onto the sweet baby-isms. This has been a very busy month and a half for us, so she missed last month's post. These pictures encompass July and August.
She still loves to "nuggle" (snuggle) with Mama. She asks for lollipoppers. She calls olives "Olaf" and wants to ride the alligator downstairs. When I question further about any of her cute words, she sees nothing wrong with them and truly thinks they are correct pronunciations.
Her disney princesses still all have cute names like Sheeping Cutie, Tworella, and Jackson (Jasmine). And her little mind equates Princess Tiana with an aunt (we have Tia Ana), so Princess Tiana often gets called Sarah (the name of another aunt).
Even at three she can be tempestuous but is learning to control it. She began yelling a few months ago when I disciplined, "Mommy! You're not my best friend!" or "Mommy, I don't love you anymore!" Fortunately, at that age, I don't take it to heart and just reply as best I can with unconditional love for her. She has now begun telling me, "Mommy, I love you even when you spank me." Glad it is getting through to her.
She is definitely the most naturally helpful of all my children and is regularly the only child who will clean up after herself or others when asked. And she even volunteers on her own to clean up. She is also eager to help unload the dishwasher and does a great job!
While she is still a complete baby in so many ways, she is picking up from the others. At lunch I was going through phonics with E and when I showed her a "d" and asked what it said, Abigail yelled out first, "ddddd. donut before the door!" She had only heard this once the day before but was quite correct!
She is also my most sensible child. Two days in a row this month, I got busy cleaning the house and hadn't heard her in a while. E informed me that Abigail had put herself to bed for a nap--before lunch! Sure enough, and she was not eager to rouse, so I just let her sleep. But the flip side of this is that when she is awake, she wants the rest of the house to be awake too. She is a true morning child and often wakes up E or D long before it is time to wake up.
The largest eyes you have ever seen. A smile that is always with a bit of mischief in it. I love this beautiful little girl!
Even at three she can be tempestuous but is learning to control it. She began yelling a few months ago when I disciplined, "Mommy! You're not my best friend!" or "Mommy, I don't love you anymore!" Fortunately, at that age, I don't take it to heart and just reply as best I can with unconditional love for her. She has now begun telling me, "Mommy, I love you even when you spank me." Glad it is getting through to her.
She is definitely the most naturally helpful of all my children and is regularly the only child who will clean up after herself or others when asked. And she even volunteers on her own to clean up. She is also eager to help unload the dishwasher and does a great job!
While she is still a complete baby in so many ways, she is picking up from the others. At lunch I was going through phonics with E and when I showed her a "d" and asked what it said, Abigail yelled out first, "ddddd. donut before the door!" She had only heard this once the day before but was quite correct!
She is also my most sensible child. Two days in a row this month, I got busy cleaning the house and hadn't heard her in a while. E informed me that Abigail had put herself to bed for a nap--before lunch! Sure enough, and she was not eager to rouse, so I just let her sleep. But the flip side of this is that when she is awake, she wants the rest of the house to be awake too. She is a true morning child and often wakes up E or D long before it is time to wake up.
The largest eyes you have ever seen. A smile that is always with a bit of mischief in it. I love this beautiful little girl!











No comments:
Post a Comment