September 11. What memories does that date evoke? I am old enough to easily remember where I was and what I was doing when I first heard the news. The tragedy of 2,996 people killed in the terrorist attacks that day. The date carries much grief.
But now there is also a memory of great joy! All the angels in heaven rejoicing... My daughter, Elizabeth, prayed to ask Jesus into her heart on September 11, 2015!
We have talked about it before but that day she was eager. We were sitting at the dining room table at dinner. She not only clearly explained why Jesus had to die...our sin...but she acknowledged her own sin personally. She told us she knew He did not stay dead but came back to life. She then declared that she wanted to accept Jesus' sacrifice. When I started to ask if she wanted to pray, she interrupted me and said, "Mommy, I was just going to ask you if I could pray and ask him to live in my heart." We prayed then and there as a family. We had seen the beginning of God's work in her heart over the past year but she had not shown fruit of knowing him personally. I saw the eagerness in her demeanor and a full comprehension that September 11th evening. I know it was God drawing her to Himself. I am so thankful! There is much to rejoice over! God has brought a new meaning to September 11th!
Joy indeed comes in the morning! (Psalm 30:5)
No comments:
Post a Comment