As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Where's waldo?

We spent the last weekend of August in Sherman visiting my sister and family and checking out my parent's new digs.  (they closed the day we arrived...no furniture, but theirs nonetheless).  The real excuse was a surprise birthday party for my parents.  After some consideration by my sister and I, we decided the safest option was to let my mom in on the secret and just call it a surprise party for my dad...albeit we (surprised) her by celebrating her birthday too.

But this couldn't be any old, normal celebration.  No, sir!  With our family, we had to do something out of the ordinary.  After my sister recommended a dress-up dinner, I knew just the things.  I brought along most of the masks and head gear as well as a wig or two and our family's outfits.  What a memorable evening!  Thanks to my sister for her many preparations.
































Earlier in the day, we had enjoyed a few hours in the pool.















And on the way home the next day, I experienced another one of God's magnificent exhibitions of love.  There were a lot of reasons the weekend had been difficult in the extreme.  The car ride home was difficult.  BUT God provided his sign of promise and mercy not just faintly, not just sparingly, but lavishly!!!  He sent a rainbow...that got brighter and brighter...and then became a double rainbow...that then became two full arced double rainbows!!!  I never cease to be amazed by God's great love and care for me when I need his comfort the most!












No comments: