Somewhere in the past few years, I began making scrambled eggs. It was one of the first new dishes that was popular with the kids so it was good to expand our repertoire of chicken nuggets, pb&j and corn dogs by one more.
And since M and I were going to eat them too, I slipped in some cheese to make them more interesting. Then about a year ago, I started adding bacon bits. A few months later, I used up some spinach. Since then, we have tried everything but the kitchen sink in them. I discovered boxed potatoes don't have to taste like cardboard when mixed in scrambled eggs! Our favorite combinations (which get added every time) are cheese, bacon bits, spinach, sweet colored peppers, and hash browns. We often throw in extra steak or such. And the dish always gets topped off with salsa and crumbled tortilla chips. Two of my kids prefer basic scrambled eggs still, but my little "eat-anything" will enjoy the more "suped up" Scrambled Eggs Super. Essentially they are deconstructed omelets. The name is taken from one of our favorite authors, Dr. Seuss. He wrote a book called Scrambled Eggs Super! This book makes our eggs look quite tame!
And so the Weyler family dish was born...

No comments:
Post a Comment