Lamentations 3:21-24
This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. “ The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “ Therefore I hope in Him!”
I have needed that verse often over the past several months--when I have faced one challenge after another. What a joy to know "they are new every morning!"
Here I want to share just one of the many compassions of the Lord that I have experienced recently. He always knows how much difficulty He can give to refine me and when it is enough... The past two days I was in tears several times as a result of months of little sleep, a cranky baby, and other relatively minor stresses in life. I was feeling depressed about future months of a baby who wakes several times at night. (after all, he has gotten 7-10 hours of sleep already when he wakes up) The Lord has such compassion. He knew I was at the breaking point and He blessed me with a baby who slept last night from 6:30-5:30 am (only briefly waking once at 1:00 without feeding him). And even more unheard of, who went back to sleep with me this morning until 7:30! While I am quite prepared for this not to be a regular occurence, I am also well aware that it was purely the Lord's mercy and compassion that granted me this great night of sleep! I want to declare this as a testimony of God's love and compassion for all of us when He sees our human weakness and grants us at least momentary peace in the midst of trials.
5 comments:
keep it up, nephew.
Love that verse! So glad that you are feeling more rested. Yeah!
that is a gift...He is good!
Gosh...I will pray for you. I didn't realize he wasn't sleeping well at all. It is amazing what God can help us handle...only with His help.
God is so good to give us just what we need at just the right time! Praise Him!
Post a Comment