Michael and I drove all over Houston (quite literally) in pursuit of the perfect baby-friendly, affordable car. We were hoping to add this addition before our other addition that was due July 31st. August 8th, we found this car on Craig's list. After months of looking, we decided to purchase the car. August 9th we drove the car home, just in time for the baby to come August 13th, 2 weeks late. However, the car never made it to the hospital. August 12th a.m. I took the car into the shop to have the windows retinted (the view was completely obscured due to a bad tint job). I was to pick up the car that afternoon. I called them on the phone that afternoon but in order to tell them that I had started labor and would try to send someone to pick it up before they closed. However, the car was not finished by closing time. I still remember my mom and brother coming to visit me in the hospital only hours after having MD. I asked them if they had been able to pick up the car. Their response still sticks in my brain, "Um, there was sort of a problem." I assumed the tinting had not been done as expected. No! the tinting looked fine, but when the shop went to back the car out of the garage to return to my family, they backed the bumper into a pole and did some serious damage! Our first accident...and we hadn't even driven the car other than home from the sale! Needless to say, they paid to fix our car and gave us the tinting for free.
We are so thankful to have this new car...Michael in particular, loves having A/C on the way to work.
We have weighed the decision to sell the truck, but for now we are keeping up appearances of a great love for white cars.
1 comment:
Oh no... That is one of those things that you see on tv and thinks never happens in real life. :)
Post a Comment