As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

My grown-up boy at a year and a half

This month was a bit of a difficult one. You had a double ear infection that lasted for about 2 weeks and then a week of happiness followed by several days of fever and more sadness--turned out to be another ear infection (#4 that we know of). I have treasured the moments of puny-ness where you just sat for 30 minutes at a time cuddling with me on the couch...a "never before, never thereafter" experience. We have discovered that bubble gum medicine is one of your favorites though!

You have suddenly started to show more interest in language. You added a few new words to your vocabulary and have tried to copy me a bit more. You now say "happy," "puppy," "two," "three," "fish," as well as jabbering away all the time! When I start counting, you will often skip "one" but chime in with "two" even before I say it. It amazes me how much you understand already!

Speaking of that, you have started pointing to all sorts of things too. You love your buttons! You will point to the puppies on your pjs, the general vicinity of your belly button, and even occasionally your mouth when asked.

You also have added a lot of new food to your repertoire (see previous post)...also including raisins and split pea soup again. (funny story: you refused the split pea soup I tried to feed you yesterday, even spitting it back out. Then, your Daddy and I were eating the same soup half an hour later. You decided you wanted some. You happily ate bite after bite of Mama's soup! You are at the funny stage that is easily influenced by what we eat. I have decided I feel a bit like the cupbearer to the king; I must try your food in order for you to eat it. Do you really think it is poisoned???)

You have outgrown all your smaller clothes and are pretty much entirely in 18-24 month clothes (mostly 24mo. or 2T). However, after your 18 month check up, not a surprise due to your eating strike at least half this month, you weigh exactly the same as you did at 15 months-- 25 lbs. 4oz. (25-50%ile). You have grown 1/2 an inch and now are 33" tall (50-75%ile) with a smaller head than last visit(47 1/2 cm--25-50%ile).

You got your first "real" haircut this month. Meaning...you looked like a shorn sheep when they were done. It was long overdue!

You still sleep well and play in your crib semi-quietly before I get you. I say "semi" because your new favorite is to reach through the slats in your crib and push the buttons on the baby floor gym that is sitting next to it. You then will often stand up and dance to the music. When it ends, you get on your belly and push the button again so the whole process starts over. I have often watched quietly from the door and love to see this. You dance is like a penguin waddle!

You still adore you Daddy and run to the door, try to open it, and laugh hilariously when I tell you that he is home. You have gotten to where you recognize if his car is in the driveway or not. (after I accidentally misled you one time--oops)

You love to play outside--whether in your car or on the small play structure in the back.

You went to the K-2 Academy this month with your playgroup and even with your ear infections, you enjoyed running around.

You also went to McDonald's playground this month (also with playgroup) and amazed me by climbing up to the top and crossing all the hurdles!

You are more and more fun each day as you start to communicate, react, and interact. We love you, David!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Such a great post! I love the "cup bearer to the king" comment...haha so true! They demand our authenticity at such an early age. David is a cutie pie.