As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mad Money

Anyone ever heard of Mad Money?  (I grew up hearing this term)
mad money: money that a woman carries to pay her fare home in case a date ends in a quarrel; also: money set aside for an emergency or personal use
Although I knew both definitions, I have always used it in the context of the second definition.

Over the past several years, I have had all sorts of fun with my mad money.  While my husband is more than willing to get me all sorts of frivolous items, I try to be very careful since we only have one income.  I have learned that surveys can be an easy way to earn that little bit of extra that I can use for frivolity...or diapers, whichever the case. :)

I mentioned this a while back on the blog but after several more years of use, here are the survey sites that have stood the test of time:

Mindfield-- I don't often qualify but you will learn quite quickly whether you do or don't and when you do qualify, the money is good.  Often $2-4 or even up to $8 or more for about 15 minutes of questions.  The money can be cashed out for Amazon gift cards, paypal or a check.

Swagbucks-- a search engine that I use to earn points that can be traded in for Amazon gift cards or other prizes.  I generally end up with about 2- $5 Amazon gift cards/month.  There are multiple ways to earn the points but I just do the easiest: a daily poll, searching as a search engine, and NOSO. 

Opinion Outpost-- a site where you earn points for doing surveys.  Again, you may not always qualify, but when you do, you really rack up the money.  The points can be redeemed for Amazon gift cards or Paypal.  I have gotten quite a bit of Amazon credit from them.  One of my favorites...

Clearvoice Surveys-- I qualify for most of the surveys they send me.  And even if I don't qualify (which you discover quickly), they pay 10 cents for each disqualified survey.  This can really add up since they may offer up to 3 or 4 surveys a day.  I always cash out in Amazon credit, although there are other choices.  They do take a while to credit the account with the money, but it always comes through!

Ipsos-ISay-- Sends me about 1 survey a day.  They give points out that can be redeemed for gifts or gift cards (I use Amazon again).  The surveys can take a bit longer than other surveys but they give 5 points even if you don't qualify.  I have gotten quite a few $10 gift cards.  The point value is high enough with the completed surveys that you could earn enough in maybe 3-4 surveys to get a $10 gift card.  The Amazon codes also arrive instantaneously.

MySurvey-- sends an average of 1-2 surveys per day.  You accrue points that can be redeemed for various items.  Again, I choose Amazon gift cards.

MyView-- I qualify for about half of the surveys on this site and they pay well in points that can be redeemed for Amazon gift cards again--as well as loads of other gift cards.  But the best news is that they give points out for each time you don't qualify as well.  Quick way to earn points. 

As a disclaimer, I will get some credit for several of these sites if you sign up using the above link, but I have used all of these for quite some time and will happily recommend them.  You can do as little or as much work as you like.  If you have any other questions about them, feel free to ask. 

2 comments:

Jane said...

Thanks for sharing. This is a nice and easy way to get a little "mad money".

The Leeds said...

Ebates now lets you choose Amazon credit instead of a check. Score!