Friday, December 28th. Michael's Birthday! Today began a bit early (kids up before the first rays of sun). The morning was relaxing enough and followed up by lunch with the whole family- including Sarah, Rich, and Richard. Upon Michael's request, we had wings and pizza for lunch. Dessert was also at his request: pecan pie- his favorite! Mom also made Chex Mix for M (another favorite.) M opened his gifts: a DC Starbucks mug, an Amazon gift card, and 2 IOUs as well as a card from the three trouble makers. After more relaxing and bedtime for the kids, M and I headed to Sarah and Rich's house once more to play a rousing game of Dutch Blitz...the hostess and the birthday boy came out winners. We stayed up way too late and got back home around midnight. I collapsed into bed and was half-awoken about 10 minutes later by Elizabeth's crying. Michael sweetly offered to see what was going on. He came back in saying, "we have a throw-up issue..." and thus began our night/next day, Saturday! I spent about 30 minutes stripping her down, bathing her, stripping the crib while searching for new crib sheets, and starting a load of laundry. She calmed down and went back to bed. I did too. I lay down and about 15 minutes later, she was crying again. Yes, another "issue." (I was hoping it would be a singular occurrence.) We cleaned her up again and put her in a pillow sack this time as a sleeping bag with the bare minimum in the crib. Then, we both lay down in her room. She would not lie down or stop crying unless someone was holding her hand or rubbing her back/head so M sweetly pulled the crib next to the double bed and stroked her hair. I slept on the floor for a bit until I decided that I would go back to our room in case A woke up in a few hours...it was 2:30 am by then. Apparently, E threw up several more times between then and 7:00 am when I took over again. She was fine until 9:00 am when she threw up one last time, unfortunately all over Grammy and the rug. 5 hours of napping the rest of the morning and another late afternoon nap, put her back almost right as rain. And thank the Lord, no one else ended up sick!!! Saturday was calm because we were trying to be available for a sick Bizbeth. We did get a tiny bit more snow that morning, but it was gone within a very short time. Saturday afternoon, Michael also went to Sarah's house to help Rich put together his Christmas present--a treadmill. When E seemed fine by bedtime, we requested one last opportunity to live it large. We put the kids to bed and went out with Sarah and Rich one last time to the movies to see Les Miserables. It was super well done and the 2:40 flew by. I loved that it was based on the Broadway play so the music was all there, including a few new numbers. It really brought the story to life seeing it on a movie screen so close though. I think the ending was a bit weaker, but overall, taking the adult subject matter into account, the movie was one I would definitely recommend. So powerful to see God's love/grace change a man!
No comments:
Post a Comment