As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

The many smells of Christmas~ Day 3

Wednesday, December 26th.  We awoke to a white world.  (missed a white Christmas by one day)  The snow was falling and there was already about 1-2 inches on the ground.  After checking the weather report, we decided to make the most of a short window of opportunity to take the kiddos out in the snow.  I am glad we did.  This was E's first experience with it.  Neither was very well equipped: D in tennis shoes and E in crocs.  After a few minutes of crying over jackets too tight, the fun began!  I am glad I was wearing crocs too because E never complained, but when my toes starting stinging from the wet socks and cold, I knew it was time to get her inside.  Despite enjoying the snow outside, she did not fight me going in either.  Even as we headed inside, the snowfall was turning to rain and snow to slush.  Yuk!  Within an hour, most of the snow was gone (including our mini snowman that M built-- D was disconsolate!)  Sarah and Richard came over around lunchtime and we hung out until early evening when Sarah, M, and I headed to PF Chang's to meet Rich for dinner.  The food was great and we spent another hour or two at the table just talking.  How wonderful to spend time with them!  We got home around 11 pm and went to bed.  (PS this is also the day that Sarah introduced us to the highly addictive iphone game Rooms & Doors)


































1 comment:

Anna said...

I like your snazzy blue muffler. I guess it didn't snow there as much as it did in Dallas. That is strange.