Matthew 7 "11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"
Maybe it was the fact that our new advent calendar ended on December 24th or maybe it was simply just the fact that I wanted to spread the kid's short attention spans out over two days, but whatever the case, we tried something new and opened stocking presents on Christmas eve this year.
Most of the gifts had been acquired at the dollar store but brought just as much joy as any expensive gifts. There were musical instruments, socks, fake money, jewelry, toothbrushes, masks, hair accessories, dress-up clothes that got swapped around, candy, and gifts I picked out and purchased for myself. (and one very extravagant non-stocking gift that I did not purchase for myself...M remembered I had told him a while ago that one day I would like a tennis bracelet. He picked one out that day to surprise me, but it was not available at local store, only Memorial City. Fortunately, he had an "in" at Jared. The regional manager hand-delivered it himself at 10:30 at night! Thanks, Scott! What a special husband I have!)
And Daddy? We thought about giving him nothing but a lump of coal in his stocking...
...but instead he got some gummy bears, toothbrush, etc... too!
Merry Christmas Eve! (and yes, A's shirt is on backwards...)



No comments:
Post a Comment