Beautiful Bizbeth will not wear anything but a dress EVERY day. And no, I do not tell her to pose.
And she keeps asking to do ballet when she gets older.
She loves to pretend she is a Mommy. (always wants to be Mary in the nativity--see earlier post) And naturally knows what to do with baby dolls.
And David is still my sweet protective son. He has told me multiple times this month that it is his job to take care of me because I have been feeling so rotten.
They both play together sweetly most of the time now. Often you hear them meowing to each other or telling knock knock jokes like, "Knock. Knock." "Who's there?" "Mr. Potato Head." "Mr. Potato Head Who?" "Mr. Potato Head, come in." Very sweet to watch their interactions. Occasionally, the play will involve A, but not often yet.
Both sang this year in BSF intro. I was a bit late so my pictures are a bit fuzzy, but it was a Wonderful Mom moment.
Because I was late, neither child saw me on the front row. E was just doing her own thing and singing quite well on the end. D, front and center, was desperately searching around for me. His face looked more and more sad, and he was too distracted to sing. Right before the last song, he spotted me. His face broke into a radiant smile!!! He immediately began to sing at the top of his lungs and was happy to show off to a proud, watching mom!
David's reading has improved so much that he regularly tries to communicate in code with us by saying things like, "I want to play G." (G standing for games, of course.) Everything is represented by its first letter now.
Elizabeth talks very clearly and always has (even from the womb, I think, in her case) but there are still a few remnants of sweet baby-talk. Like the "cracknuts" she sees everywhere at this time of year. (Nutcrackers)
Sometimes her language is understandable but still laughable. Like the multiple times a day she tells us she has a tummy ache. The reason it is so funny is that the tummy aches come out of nowhere when she does not want to do whatever it is that we tell her to do. "I can't brush my teeth. I have a tummy ache!" "I can't finish my peas. I have a tummy ache!" "I can't clean up my room. I have a tummy ache!" "I can't get in the car. I have a tummy ache!" You get the idea...
David too tells us funny things sometimes. My favorite:
I was telling him that we were late to his first basketball practice (he does shoot well, but hopeless at dribbling at this point). Because we were late, I might have to drop him off to go in and meet his coach by himself first while I parked the car. He said, "I don't want to introduce myself. I am SHY!" As if that weren't funny enough in itself, let me relate what happened next...
I decided to park and go in with him. We got out of the car seconds later. David grabbed his ball and saw a complete stranger across the parking lot and yelled as loudly as he could, "Hey, I am playing basketball too!" :) Striking up persistent conversations with complete strangers is his middle name. Hah! Shy indeed!
And the two of them have their own language too. They talk about "Beato" all the time, a silly made-up word. But quite frequently when we are in Walmart, David will say something like, "Elizabeth! I just saw a 'Beato!'" She will respond in like. No one quite knows what a "beato" is though. :)















No comments:
Post a Comment