As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Friday, December 26, 2014

The triple-named elf

Revelation 2 "17 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give that person a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it."




Our elf on the shelf came to visit again this year...  He regularly remembered to move! (yeah!)  And only got caught once... D looked at me with a horrified expression when he caught me.  I just blurted out, "Shhh...Don't tell your sisters...Um, sometimes Gussie needs a little help."  Then, M proceeded to move him later on and Gussie's magic returned. :)  (ironically, E was just more skeptical from the beginning.  She asked me many times, "Where did you move Bucky?"


No, you did not just read a typo.  For although the elf's name is Gussie (as D so correctly calls him),  E persisted in calling him "Bucky" and A?  Abigail was certain his name was "Monkey!"  And lest, I was misunderstanding her, I would repeat back "Monkey" to her and she would nod and agree, "Monkey!"  And this, no matter how many times I corrected her and told her his name is "Gussie."  :)



No comments: