As we undertake to keep up with the rest of the world and technology... we will attempt to keep our thoughts penned regularly for you here on our blog. Most importantly, we would like this to be a reflection of the love of our Faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

pjs~ the latest in fashion

Abigail is now 29 months old.  She has some very distinct opinions.

While she is trying to assert her personality, it often comes out now as an understated tantrum or just plain willfulness.

This month it was seen in her thoughts about my outfits (for her) of choice.  She will let me dress her--although often initially with a bit of dissension.  But she will refuse to come downstairs to breakfast.  If I leave her to find her own way down, she will reappear 5 minutes later in a different outfit.  Too often, it has been some sort of pjs.  (not always matching tops and bottoms)  This may be funny the first time around in the morning but not as funny when you are trying to get out the door in two seconds, put her down to attend another child, only to find that while your back was turned, she put on pjs again.  I have found myself just laughing it off and taking her out in public in her pjs.  At her age, oh well...  (and often to find I am not the only one who does this).

Sometimes her outfits involve socks--often one on, one off...or two different socks.  The outfits almost always include shoes, and most frequently, E's too-big flipflops.

And occasionally there is a dress-up dress in the mix too.  Or her new "cuddly bear" shirt.  And tops that don't match bottoms.

But most often pjs!  And particularly her "pink heart" pjs.  The only color she can accurately identify.

I tried to document her outfit changes a couple of days this month and gave up.  At least 6 or 7.


















And did I mention that she likes to take her clothes off and on in her crib too?  The only clue I have is the regular occurrence that you see here. SDRAWKCAB





There was one time...
I was able to get a picture of her in her cute daily-wear outfit before she changed.








And PS:  While she is still working on enunciating clearly, we get some funny confusing sentences.  It is always hard to tell the difference between potty and pony (as in My Little Pony).  Hard to tell whether she is unhappy about "sticky" fingers or "stinky" diaper.  And Minnie Mouse (often just "Mou") sounds just like her mouth.  She talks about Herbie all the time.  (I think we confused her by pointing out Herbie, the Love Bug, and now she thinks all cars are called Herbie).  And if you don't see the context, it is hard to understand her conversations about Ara (Ariel) and Punthel (Rapunzel) and Rella (Cinderella).

No comments: